Monday, February 25, 2008

Songs in my head today...


"LEGACY" by Nichole Nordeman:

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery

Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering

A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long a while
To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile

Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

(Click HERE to see the video of the song.)

That song always reminds me of what is really important in life. What is going to matter in the end? What things will last, and what will be blown away like the wind? What will my life be like as an example to Sarah. Will my actions, not just my words, point to Christ enough to leave a mark on her? I hope so.

And the second song has been a favorite of mine since, oh, about High School...

"How Could I Ask For More" by Cindy Morgan:

There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon
Waking to the sunlight, and being cradled by the moon

Catching fireflies at night

Building castles in the sand

Kissing Mama's face goodnight

Holding Daddy's hand

Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more


Running barefoot through the grass

A little hide and go seek

Being so in love, that you can hardly eat

Dancing in the dark, when there's no one else around

Being bundled 'neath the covers,
Watching snow
Fall to the ground
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more


So many things I thought would bring me happiness
Some dreams that are realities today

Such an irony the things that mean the most to me

Are the memories that I've made along the way

So if there's anything I've learned
From this journey I am on

Simple truths will keep you going

Simple love will keep you strong
Cause there are questions without answers
Flames that never die

Heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise

So thank you Lord, oh thank you Lord
How could I ask for more?


(Click HERE to see the video of the song.) **I really love this video too!!**

That song always makes me smile, and reminds me how it's the simple things in life that are the most precious, and how very much I have to be thankful for!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails